THE WRAP-AROUND SKIRT/SHAWL

Yoooohoooo!!!

Time for the next post!
Ok!! A lil 'Heads Up' before we get into the complete outfit details!!

I have always loved the people from the North East(of India) and their culture...more like smitten by them!!When i say north east it includes the seven sister states of India (Arunachal PradeshAssamMeghalayaManipurMizoramNagaland and Tripura) collectively known as the north eastern states!! Have u been there?! If u have'nt, you are definitely missing out on something in your life!! The place in itself is very beautiful and so are the people!! They are very down to earth( If you think otherwise you should meet my friends then!), warm and friendly! They have these tribes and culture pertaining to the place they are from! I don't really know the history of it but from what i know i really love it! So each tribe has this particular shawl/blanket which represents their flag ( I could be completely wrong! Pls correct me if i am)! My dad visited one of these states and got me one and i absolutely loved the color!

I've always seen a few of my north eastern friends wear it as a wrap around skirt (Again...i might be wrong..but that's what i've heard)! I really liked how feminine and chic it looked! So i badly wanted one for myself and when my dad got it, it was more like my wish was granted! :)

Coming to the skirt/shawl...It is a mixture of red and black! It can just be wrapped around the waist and pinned! I wore a simple black top with a lil twist around the shoulders! To add the tribal feel to the look i added this oxidised statement necklace ( Have i told you how much i love it?! Sooo much!) and a pair silver hoop earrings! A classic bun is a must for this look! Since it was more of 'metal-ish' i wore a pair of silver heels!! But a flats could be an alternate too!!

So here are the pictures!! Enjoy!!






























Outfit Details :
Top : Waves
Skirt : North east
Statement Necklace : Aliexpress
Shoes : Shopnineteen


Hope i did'nt bore you with too much history and hope you liked the pics as well!!

Don't forget to follow my page on INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK! I update there often!!

Take Care, will u?!?

Until next time,
The Dusky Fashionista

Comments

Popular Posts